Summary of Charitable Activities by SLMANA Eastern Region for the Year 2008
(Includes Funding from the Charity Ball 2007 and the Tsunami Fund)
- Purchased hearing aides for 50 children who e attending Sri Chandrasekera School for the Deaf, Horatudwa. These children come from very poor families and they belong to all ethnic groups from all parts of Sri Lanka.
Donation amount: $12,000
- Construction of a Community and Medical Center at Payagala, Long Island Fishing Village. sent to Dr. Seba Jayamaha of Better Homes and gardens.
Donation amount: $13,000
- Donation to World Children Initiative Inc., a (501) ( C) (3) Charitable Organization for the project Peds- Sri Lanka, Matara, Pediatric Facility.
Donation amount: $20,000
- Donation to a Humanitarian Association for Construction of Saraswathy Vidyalayam, Kappalthurai, China Bay.
Donation amount: $34,000
- A donation was made to the Insulin Bank to supply Humelin insulin for insulin dependent children who were registered at the National Diabetes Center, Rajagiriya, Sri Lanka
Donation amount: $2,000
- Donated a transport Ventilator to the Intensive Care Unit at the teaching hospital in Kegalle. This was essential equipment to ventilate critically ill patients from infants to adults during inter-hospital transfers.
Donation amount: $8,559.88
- Donated to Bosco Sevana, which is a residential rehabilitation center for street children, orphans, sexually abused children
a. Mathews Harmonica – band instrument
b. Two Unitech computers
c. Public address system, amplifiers, speakers and microphone
d. Books for the library
e. Library racks and cupboard to store musical instrument
- Donated medical equipment including a dental chair and instruments to Wilpatha Women’s Saving Effort, Wilpatha Village, North Chilaw, Sri Lanka
Donation amount: $5,132.05
- Donated to Professor Ariyananda, Faculty of Medicine, Karapitiya, Galle, a diagnostic spirometer with pulse oximetry.
Donation amount: $5,764.53